The course is designed to take professionals who are new to the practice of airtightness testing and make them competent in basic tests for houses and simple structures. For those with prior experience, it will also provide in-depth discussion on finer techniques of testing.
ATTMA Level 1 Airtightness Testers are qualified to carry out testing on simple structures up to 4000 m3 requiring only one fan. Common examples include houses, apartments, and single-zone commercial buildings. The course covers:
· Essentials of airtightness testing systems, their software, and calculations
· Understanding what a testing system is doing and troubleshooting
· Conducting envelope area calculations off printed and digital plans, as well as off existing buildings without plans
· Analysing test results for quality and reporting results for different purposes
To be confident in preparation for the course, each candidate should possess competence in mathematics and geometry. For those who do not use these skills regularly or recently, these sometimes require in-depth review.
Because operation of blower doors is only reviewed in a general way not specific to manufacturers, candidates should already have familiarity with standard systems by the Energy Conservatory or Retrotec, OR be comfortable learning at a rapid pace.
The entire course will be conducted by GoToMeeting, an interactive and powerful platform for dynamic trainings. There will be real-time questions and exercises and live video feed to keep you engaged and asking questions. The sessions will be recorded for documentation purposes. We expect your full attention for the entire course and at least occasional appearance by webcam on your device is requested.
- ASTATT1 Prepare and carry out Airtightness Testing
- ASTATT2 Prepare a Building for Airtightness Testing
- ASTATT3 Carry out Airtightness Testing for a single dwelling or other small buildings
- ASTATT5 Prepare and issue the Airtightness Report
- ASTATT6 Calculate the area of building envelopes
- ASTATT7 Manage all Calibrated Equipment
- ASTATT8 Initiate and progress contracts with clients to carry out Airtightness Testing
- ASTATT9 Quality Assure the Airtightness Testing Process