The SITMA Scheme, created in 2018, is owned and operated by the Building Compliance Testers Association (BCTA)
BCTA SITMA operates a registered testers scheme providing 3rd party accreditation to testing companies, ensuring that all companies operate to the high standards the BCTA group of companies expects.
As a minimum, all BCTA SITMA members must:
- Hold both PI and PL insurance
- Own fully UKAS calibrated sound insulation testing kit
- be audited annually in the office
- be subject to a minimum of 4 unannounced audits per year.
- Use the BCTA SITMA software
- Be trained independently through the Institute of Acoustics / Solent University CCBAM.
The software that BCTA SITMA has developed is incredibly powerful. It is mandatory for all members and includes:
- Advanced software that takes data directly from the sound level meter or conversion software to create full reports
- A unique Lodgement system that requires users to lodge in advance, giving ATTMA notification of user locations in advance
The BCTA SITMA Group has experienced sound insulation testers and acoustic consultants fully employed that conduct the auditing, including Lee Thompson, who is employed solely to conduct audits, all day, every day.
Interested in becoming a member? why not speak to us. +44(0)1494 358159.