This qualification is aimed at practising electricians, electrical technicians, and engineers with experience of electrical installations, and associated inspection and testing.
Level 3 Award in the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671:2018
Ideally hold a formal Level 3 Electrical Qualification
This course is 2 days in total. The cost of the course includes training assessment, the certification fee, and course material
You will learn how to size and safely install an EESS to meet your customers needs and enable them to make savings on their energy bills. Research and development in recent years means that battery technology has greatly improved leading to wider use in domestic settings.
By the end of the course, you will:
- Know the key requirements for installation of electrical energy storage systems
- Know and identify equipment, arrangements and operating modes of electrical energy storage systems
- Understand the preparation of design and installation of electrical energy storage systems
- Be able to prepare for the installation of electrical energy storage systems
- Be able to install electrical energy storage systems
- Understand requirements for initial verification and handover of electrical energy storage systems
- Be able to conduct initial verification and handover of electrical energy storage systems.
The Battery Storage course entails both classroom and practical training. The assessment consists both of a practical and an online/theory component.
What do I need to bring on the course?
All candidates will require an up-to-date copy of the IET Code of Practice for Electrical Energy Storage Systems, which GTEC can provide at cost (£70)
Candidates must also bring the following books:
- BS 7671 18th Edition
- IET Guidance Note 3
- IET Onsite Guide
LCL Awards You will receive your certificate approximately 4 to 6 weeks following successful completion of the course.