IOA Certificate of Competence in Building Acoustic Measurements (CCBAM)
The IOA CCBAM is run over 5 days, with the first 4 days being learning and practical and the fifth day being the examination day.
April Course – Please note the exam will be held on Friday 30th April 2021.
The aim of the course is to train delegates to carry out and report upon sound insulation tests on walls and floors, in accordance with ISO140 Part 4 and 7 and includes Building Regulations requirements for each home nation.
At the end of the course delegates should be able to, but not limited to;
- Combine, average and subtract decibel values
- Set up and calibrate sound source and measuring equipment and perform simple routine checks to ensure the equipment is working correctly.
- Select suitable measurement numbers, locations and durations
- Measure octave and 1/3 octave band sound pressure levels
- Calculate dBA and dBZ levels from octave or 1/3 octave band levels
- Carry out airbourne and impact sound inulation tests in accordance with BS EN ISO 140 parts 4 and 7
- Understand the difference between ISO 140 and other guidance, including Approved Document E, Part B
Modules that will be included are as follows;
- Basic Concepts
- Room Acoustic Concepts
- Sound Transmission Concepts
- Standardised measurement methodlogy
- Practical Aspects
- Report Writing
*Results from the examination will take up to 4 weeks to process as the examinations are marked twice – once by the examiner and once by an independent assessor at the IOA*.