There are no pre-requisites for this course. Although candidates should be working within the wider building services industry and have a knowledge of electrical installations.
This is a 1-day course in total. The cost of the course includes training, assessment and the certification fee, as well as any course materials needed.
This course covers the following area.
- Identifying the current regulatory requirements and documents.
- Understanding the need for Safe Isolation of Electrical Circuits.
- Establishing a safe working procedure for the isolation of electrical supplies
- Identifying and usage of the correct tools for isolating electrical installations
- Applying the skills on realistic simulation.
Following completion of the training course candidates will be assessed by a short practical assessment with oral questioning.
Any course material required will be provided by GTEC.
LCL Awards are the awarding body for this course, you will receive your certificate approximately 4-6 weeks following successful completion of the course.