The SITMA Sound Insulation Level 2S course is run over 3 days, with the first 2 days being learning and practical and the third day being the examination day.
The aim of the course is to train delegates to carry out and report upon sound insulation tests on walls and floors, in accordance with BB93 for schools, including background noise measurements and speech intelligibility.
At the end of the course delegates should be able to, but not limited to;
- Combine, average and subtract decibel values
- Set up and calibrate sound source and measuring equipment and perform simple routine checks to ensure the equipment is working correctly.
- Select suitable measurement numbers, locations and durations
- Measure octave and 1/3 octave band sound pressure levels
- Calculate dBA and dBZ levels from octave or 1/3 octave band levels
- Carry out airbourne and impact sound inulation tests in accordance with BS EN ISO 140 parts 4 and 7
- Understand the difference between ISO 140 and other guidance, including Approved Document E, Part B
Modules that will be included are as follows;
- Basic Concepts
- Room Acoustic Concepts
- Sound Transmission Concepts
- Standardised measurement methodlogy
- Practical Aspects
- Report Writing
Use of the SITMA Lodgement system will also be covered.