This 2 day course provides the knowledge, understanding and practical experience, using the state-of-the-art custom designed ventilation facilities at The Building Performance Hub, required to assess and commission installed domestic ventilation system, such as Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR), Mechanical Extract Ventilation (MEV) and Natural Ventilation using intermittent extractors.
No prior knowledge is strictly required, however, experience with ventilation and the construction industry will help.
The course includes a combination of theory of ventilation, combined with several practical exercises using the brand new facilities at The Building Performance Hub.
Presentations and Exercises (Day 1)
The course presentations include the following:
- Theory of Ventilation
- Best Practice Installation
- The Ventilation System Types
- Commissioning of intermittent Extract Ventilation
- Commissioning of Mechanical Extract Ventilation (Theory)
- Commissioning of Mechanical Extract Ventilation (Practice)
- Commissioning of Heat Recovery Ventilation (Theory)
- Commissioning of Heat Recovery Ventilation (Practice)
- Inspection of Ventilation Types
Examinations (Day 2)
Most of day 2 covers the theory assessments and practical assessment. Each candidate will be required to balance either a system 3 or system 4 ventilation type and identify any non-compliances.