This 1 day course provides both the knowledge and understanding required to model envelope areas and volumes in 3D using the SketchUp software. The course should be attended by air tightness testers who wish to move away from manual envelope area calculations to a software based method.
Delegates must have the following prior knowledge and understanding before attending the course.
- Understand how to calculate envelope area and volumes for air tightness testing.
It is recommended that delegates have at least downloaded and used some of the tools in SketchUp prior to attending the course.
The course covers the following key topic areas:
- Setting up a template for air tightness testing
- Importing drawings and scaling them to size
- Modelling a building to calculate the envelope areas and volumes.
The course has exercises for the envelope area and volume calculation of:
- A simple building
- A building with a bay window
- A building with an integral garage, differing footprints by storey and a pitched roof with a dormer window
The following items must be brought to the course:
- A mouse with a scroll wheel
- Scientific calculator or a smart phone