Pre-Requisites – Candidates will be required to provide copies of their SVQ/NVQ Level 2/3 in Plumbing, Heating, Oil or Gas Certificates.
This course is 2-days in total. The cost of the course includes training, assessment and the certification fee, as well as any course materials needed.
This course covers the following topic areas.
- Latest Industry Standards and regulatory framework relating to heating design.
- Requirements for undertaking a room-by-room heat loss for a property
- Correctly sizing heat emitters for Low Temperature heating systems.
- How to correctly size pumps and pipework.
- Correctly sizing a domestic hot water system.
- Basic design principles of system configuration.
Following completion of the training course candidates will be assessed by online examination and design scenarios.
Any course material required will be provided by GTEC.
LCL Awards are the awarding body for this course, you will receive your certificate approximately 4 to 6 weeks following successful completion of the course.