Once accredited and registered as members of the SITMA scheme, accreditation shall be maintained through a process of continual surveillance auditing
Auditors will work to the 6 principals of auditing, which require:
1. Integrity – The foundation of professionalism
2. Fair Representation – to give a fair representation of the company
3. Due Professional Care – applying diligence and judgement in auditing
4. Confidentiality – all information shared is secure
5. Independence – the basis for impartiality, providing objective conclusions
6. Evidence Based Approach – giving a rational method for reaching reliable and reproducible audit conclusions.
Firms which hold UKAS accreditation to ISO17025 with a scope covering sound insulation testing are still subject to auditing.
Audits may be unannounced, due to all members be required to add tests to the SITMA Lodgement system at least one day in advance. Contact may be made with the member company approximately 1-5 days before the audit, however the date does not need to be mutually agreed by both parties.