The SITMA Scheme is not owned by any company or entity. SITMA is part of the Building Compliance Testers Association and is a founding member. The SITMA Directors are all non-executive and voluntary, apart from Barry Cope – Scheme Manager and David Pickavance – SITMA Chair of the Board of Directors.
SITMA operates a voluntary registered testers scheme providing 3rd party certification to individuals as being competent to carry out sound insulation testing in accordance with BS EN ISO 140-4, BS EN ISO 140-7 & ISO 16283, ensuring that all individuals (and therefore their respective organisations) operate to the high standards the BCTA expects.
As a minimum, all SITMA members must:
- Hold both PI and PL insurance.
- Own fully UKAS calibrated sound insulation testing kit.
- be subject to unannounced audits (typically 2-3 per year).
- Record and report their tests using the Lodgement Portal
- Be trained independently through the Institute of Acoustics / Solent University CCBAM or demonstrate advance prior knowledge and/or experience (APEL)
SITMA Lodgement Portal
Recording tests on the SITMA Lodgement Portal is mandatory for all members. The Lodgement Portal ensures accurate testing and is required as part of the certification. The Lodgement system saves SITMA members time by:
- Being able to take data directly from the sound level meter or conversion software to create full reports
- Support the certification requirements of the member to provide a smooth certification process.
SITMA employs experienced sound insulation testers and acoustic consultants that conduct the auditing, including Lee Thompson, who is employed solely to conduct audits, all day, every day, ensuring testers maintain the high quality that is expected of them.
Interested in becoming a member? why not speak to us. +44(0)1494 358159 or click here to apply directly.
Please click this link to view the annual and Lodgement fees